Writing professionally is extremely important in a work environment. Not only does it impact the perception people have of you, it also affects their perception of your product or service. Make your writings stand out by increasing the professionalism of all written communications, including e-mails, reports, letters and more.
What will you learn?
- Select the most appropriate transmission method and format
- Organize data, ideas and thoughts to form a clear and concise message
- Edit to ensure complete and accurate content
- Increase interest and readability
- Shorten your preparation time and reduce stress
Why should you take this course?
This course is for you if you wish to improve the quality and professionalism of your written communications, whether they be emails, reports, letters or other written materials. This course will help you make
your writings stand out from the crowd and express the proper message.
Revisit the Communications Process
- Understand and assess the message, transmission method and context
- Avoid communication breakdown: causes and consequences
- Express your thoughts clearly
Select the Optimal Transmission Method and Format
- Emails, reports and social media options
- Technical and training manuals
- Public information releases
- Employee communications
Write for Impact
- Avoid common business writing errors and slip-ups
- Write with authority: words matter
- Master sentence structure and rules of grammar
- Apply editing techniques: be clear, concise, accurate, complete
- Enhance presentation techniques: increase interest and readability
Still have questions?