Coaching and Mentoring
Most of us have either had or been a coach or mentor at some point in our lives. A coach or mentor’s advice, guidance and feedback can make significant contributions, empowering others to achieve high levels of success. The difference between a good and excellent coach/mentor is significant. This course will help you become an invaluable resource for both your organization and the people you choose to help.
What will you learn?
- Apply coaching to improve individual and team performance
- Enhance your ability to become a trusted advisor
- Adapt your coaching style to the situation
- Engage in effective coaching conversations
- Understand your skills, motivations and limitations
- Use key mentoring techniques
Why should you take this course?
This course is for you if you are, or wish to be, in a position to coach/mentor other people in your organization. The goal is to help you become a better, more effective coach or mentor by sharing proven coaching techniques and help you understand how to maximize the mentor/mentee relationship.
Coaching: The Essentials
- Coaching vs mentoring
- Coaching styles
- The coaching process and the conversation
- Coaching toolkit
Coaching in Special Circumstances
- Address lack of motivation
- Overcome resistance to change
- Coach teams to achieve excellence
- Improve team decision-making
- Build collaboration
Effective Instruction and Feedback
- Develop mutual trust and respect
- Share your knowledge and expertise
- Provide guidance through feedback
- Develop the relationship
- Focus on potential
- Provide support in difficult times
Still have questions?