Resolving Conflicts Creatively
Conflict is a natural, recurring and inevitable part of life. From simple communications, to exchanges of opinions and disagreements, every human interaction contains the potential for conflict and negative outcomes. Managers can turn these situations into opportunities to improve relationships, reduce stress and increase collaboration. This dynamic workshop will provide participants with the tools to approach conflict creatively for positive outcomes.
What will you learn?
- Identify the types of conflict; their causes and outcomes
- Turn reactions of avoidance and aggressiveness into collaboration and communication
- Use problem-solving techniques to take action: Confront, resolve and transform
- Create a conflict radar screen to prioritizeactions
Why should you take this course?
This course offers tools to achieve mutual gains and positively work through situations in which people are experiencing conflict. Special attention is given to strategies for managing emotions when disputes and disagreements escalate. Excellent for individual contributors as well as for managers seeking to help direct reports and teams transform difficult situations into opportunities for positive action.
Understanding and Managing Conflicts
- Understand and assess the message, transmission method and context
- Types of conflict: Individual, interpersonal, team, organizational
- Consequences and outcomes: The conflict spiral
- Sources and causes
- Common responses: From emotional reactions to strategic choices
- Self-assessment: Identifying the benefits and limitations of the conflict response styles and learning to use each style constructively
- The role of culture in shaping conflict and responses: Gender differences
Creating Solutions to Conflict
- Emails, reports and social media options
- Taking charge of conflict: Setting the stage for collaboration and dialogue
- Joint exploration of issues, interests, needs and values
- Creative problem-solving techniques that generate possibilities for resolution
- Using objective criteria to evaluate possibilities and select solutions/mutual gains
- Implementing the solution and managing the long term relationship
Still have questions?